Christmas in Cairns




My first Christmas in the tropics started out with yet another great breakfast and then a very casual church service in which everyone somehow knew we were Americans. Then we were off to the Daintree Rainforest following lunch.



The first stop on our tour was Wallaby Rock. Having cute little wallabies grabbing and licking your hands has to be the greatest Christmas gift ever. They even gave us little presents on the bottom of our shoes to remember them by!





After washing the wallaby spit off my hands, we enjoyed Christmas Tea consisting of an assortment of tropical fruits, including many I have never heard of/seen before, my favorite being the "ice cream bean".



To conclude out tour, we walked into the rainforest itself and I can say that I have seen a mini roo and heard the call of a "catbird".


(I did not film this fine specimen) 


We came home to found that the staff had decorated the house to make us feel at home for Christmas with champagne, sparkles, music, an incredible feast, crackers, and even gingerbread houses.




After consuming an ungodly amount of champagne,filet, and red velvet cheesecake I passed out by 9 p.m.




The End



^^^ The Christmas Story as depicted by Yours Truly 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WCW: Taylor Swift

Alexander Wang x H&M

September Must Haves