Weekend Recap: Living a Teenage Dream

Nothing like a freak storm
(casual monsoon/tornado)
  to start the weekend off right!
However, it is not so chill when your parents are coming in town and then get stuck in Houston for an extra 8 hours.  

So we found this place for some champagne, oysters, 
and the fanciest 7-Eleven if I do say so myself.  

Oh yeah, and we saw the opportunity to take a selfie in front of a train.  

We are FULLY capable of entertaining ourselves in a blackout 
(as in the electrical kind)

Then we found a man wandering the streets and it ended up that our maybe-homeless friend is on Katy Perry's tour crew.  
He then was so thankful we found him, that we met a group of the 89 other crew members 
and ended up on a tour bus getting the inside scoop about life on tour through the eyes of the roadies.


Tour Bus Talks: 
Way more interesting than watching a pop star documentary.

***

The next day I awoke well-rested (lies) to meet my parents for a day of quality time. 

I've got to hand it to my parents- 
after raising 4 of us, the news that I climbed on a tour bus the night before and may have scored tickets (yet to be confirmed at this point in the story) did not seem to shock or surprise them. 
What can I say?
 They are veterans.  

Rock Lobstah

As we were getting around to make dinner plans, I got a text telling me that there were indeed three free Katy Perry tickets under my name at Will Call.

W
H
A
T
THE 
(Censored)

So we enjoyed a last minute, early (read:geriatric), and incredible dinner at Knife.  
Unfortunately, my parents opted out of the concert. 
 No word as to why,
although I can speculate their reasons range from my "creative" dance moves I like to display in public or the phenomena I like to refer to as "Sad Dads At a One Direction Concert".  
*Further reading found here*. 

vintage 1980s romper / my trusty Louis purse / Jeffrey Campbell sandals - similar here

I don't normally do this, but...YAAAAASSSS

Okay, so I kind of just expected our random friends of less than 24 hours had given us left over (nosebleed section) seats for the sold out show.  
So you can imagine my face (hint: Kim K crying + Theresa table-flip- but happy) when we found our seats.  

Third Row.  
By the stage.  
OH.
YEAH.
BABY. 
So A Selfie following this discovery was necessary
And so was asking one of the many eleven year-olds/fairy princesses behind us if they could take our picture.  
"With the Flash" 
(take two)
- thank you, Christianne 
because Afterlight ended up not helping me out with original.  
I can no longer bestow the title of "Cat Lady" upon anyone.


When I told our new friends Thursday/Friday morning  that a Katy Perry concert was not my scene, I was not yet aware of how wrong I was.  All sarcasm and wannabe wit aside, I have come to the completely serious conclusion that Katy's tour crew is indeed made up of wizards.  

***

NOTE:
Sugar is the most appropriate follow up to a pop concert.  
carrot cake...stop it. 
stop it right meow

After getting to be a rockstar for a night, I once again assumed my role as a sorority girl for the sacred ritual known as a date dash/theme party where I subjected both my dates to my sick sense of humor. 

I told them my theme was Music Festivals...
What I didn't tell them was that I was going as Coachella (Thank you, LF) and they would get to be Ultra. 
& The Rest is History

***

Followed by a Sunday of Sweet Recovery 

Pumpkin Pancakes and Chocolate Milk:
a reason to get out of bed 
and then get right back in
until Lorna Jane and Classic Pilates throw your sorority a private shopping event and free class.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WCW: Taylor Swift

Alexander Wang x H&M

September Must Haves