We Need To Talk About...The Met Gala

Every year I always look forward to the Met Gala (which I have somehow always remembered due to its closeness to Cinco de Drinko) as a nice change after being bombarded by #FestivalFashion for weeks.  However, this year I feel like overall it just kind of fell flat.  Shoot me, but I found the theme very awkward.  I mean, China Through the Looking Glass- c'mon.  Maybe it's the world we live in today (i.e. everyone freaking out about Kylie Jenner's alleged black facing incident and Greek organizations on every college campus getting in to trouble for racist theme parties), but it presents the challenge of how to dress in theme without having a bunch of haters call you a racist and a biggot.  I also wonder how many Asian American designers like Wang and Wu are suddenly being celebrated over brunch as some of the best Chinese designers of our time... smh.  
But enough of my rant, on to the clothes.  

Edged-Up




Safe-Side Stylish




Classy Couples 




Dragon Ladies 




My Faves
#ProudMommy

Runner-Up: 





???





 Did Ya'll Plan This??
The Year of Dat A$$
butt we can't all be #AngelinasRightLeg


Get 
The Look:


Image Credits: 
Gawker / Huffington Post / Fashion Style / Pursuitist / People Style Watch / Pinterest / Daily Mail / Pop Sugar / E Online / Us Magazine / Perez Hilton / 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WCW: Taylor Swift

Alexander Wang x H&M

September Must Haves