SAM. I Am


It's a bird, it's a plane
J.K. - It's my ADD with a dash of awkward

{ Sunnies: Quay // Coat: SAM. // Necklace: Sarah Richey // Top: Nation LTD // bag: Celine // jeans: J Brand // boots: Jeffrey Campbell }


I moved to Dallas four years ago and I absolutely love it.  I love it to the point where sometimes I long to identify as a true Texas girl. 
YouTube

However,  I never miss a chance to head back to the place where I was 'born 'n' raised': 
Good Ole Music City, USA. 

I have been lucky to be able to go back in forth between both cities, but I am always amazed at how Nashville appears to grow overnight.  My foodie sister always has new spots for us to try, there are new neighborhoods to explore, and the shopping and Style Scene is exploding.  
Back in the day, a trip to Atlanta was the move whenever we wanted to really get some good shopping in, but I've just never been a big fan of malls (idk they just overwhelm me in general).  So I was super pumped when cute little boutiques started to pop up all over Nashville.  And not just your typical srat-style spots either.  No matter what your style and tastes, Nashville boutiques know the value of hiring good buyers.  

This outfit in particular was the result of what I think of as kind of the OG of Nashville shopping destinations: The Hill Center in Green Hills.  Located right by the Green Hills Mall, the Hill Center is a cute little outdoor alternative for those who also suffer from Gallerphobia, a.k.a the odd fear of shopping malls (it's a thing, I promise/ I'm making it one). 

A Nashville shopping trip is never complete without hitting up my Hill Center favorites: H. AudreyPosh, and Hemline.  When I through this outfit on, I realized that everything (aside from the bag and sunnies) were purchased from these regular haunts.  So it was a no-brainer that with a the change in weather, I trip out to find a coat was in order.  Unfortunately it is usually difficult to find a good winter coat that is both flattering and functional.  Well I finally struck gold when I got my hands on this classic parka.  It is coated so it actually keeps you dry and can be cinched in so you aren't walking around like Leo. 
#winteriscoming
telegraph.co.uk

 Don't get me wrong - if you want to walk around in a bright puffy jacket like a technicolor Michellin Man- be my guest without judgement (extra points if it's a lovely 80s teal number that was your mom's in the 80s). 

My last trip in to H. Audrey yet another purpose besides picking up my new coat.  I also was dying to to check out the trunk show of jewelry designer, Sarah Richey.  Richey started designing fine pieces as a student at Nashville's Belmont University that incorporated natural elements.  I found myself trying on everything and having some tough choices to make because all her pieces are the perfect balance of ethereal and edgy.  I finally settled on a raw opal on a delicate gold chain- simple enough for an everyday piece but fiery enough to make a subtle statement.  

Be sure to keep up with the newest and cutest by following @haudreyboutique, @poshonline, and @hemlinetn

xx,
Laura 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WCW: Taylor Swift

Alexander Wang x H&M

September Must Haves