Miami Swim Week 2015 Faves


Maybe it's just my affinity for bright neons or just swimwear in general, but I am always more excited for Miami Swim Week than I am to see the upcoming Spring/Summer (close second) or Fall/Winter (last) collections.  The savvy (I think) sale shopper in me also likes to see which trends and specific styles are about to get or stay big right as so many of my favorites stores start to mark down their swim styles.  
So just for ya'll (Dear, Autocorrect: STOP changing that to "yawl" bc wtf), I've included links to this season's styles that would be worthy investments as far as your swimwear wardrobe.  
I mean, get them now to enjoy for the rest of this summer, to have for any winter getaways when you can't seem to find one cute suit, and you can have more money when Spring Break rolls around for the festivities of your choice.    

Robb & Lulu: 
Remember when we were 14 and ...
So proud to see my babe best friend and sister 
(yeah, I'm not sure who let us show around the new students either) 
strutting her stuff.
Find her on insta: @brittnast



Hammock Swim Show:
Inspired by Frankie's?




6 Shore Road by Pooja: 
is it just me or does this look like the chick from Vampire Diaries/Degrassi?


Lolli x Amuse Society:
yup, def Lolli

SIMILAR THIS SEASON:




 Wildfox:

Another Familiar Face: SMU Stunner Caley Rae Pavillaid 
Also  Kickass Pure Barre Teacher who inspires me to go when I'd rather... (how you know you might be addicted.  Again, thanks Caley). 
Check out her insta to follow her Miami adventures. 


SIMILAR THIS SEASON: 

Same.  

Frankie's Bikinis:
Good News: 
That One Piece you & Everyone Else Bought (no, not this one) this summer is coming back!

My Advice?
Wait for one of those handy flash sales I'm always ranting about then snag the classic black version.



Mara Hoffman: 
aka My Favorite collection for the second year in a row
Mara sure knows how to put on a show, but she set the bar even higher by taking over Casa Casuarina to spotlight her collection.  
However, her designs were inspired more so by the 1970s style of Yves Saint Laurent than the home's late owner, Mr. Gianni Versace.  
I.  NEED.  THIS.  
also does anyone think she looks like an Angie Harmon - Sandra Bullock Hybrid?

#SquadGoals
"To be honest, I think [my own similarity with Versace] is this unapologetic celebration! Like I'm going to do what I fucking do, love me or not.  I don;t have to be on trend every season; I'm going to be me and he was him so I think that is the connection."
Wise & true words from someone who genuinely sets the trends.   
& another favorite


Mikoh: 




Girl Crush, Jenna Yamamoto of Gypsy One

Maaji: 
rad prints, man. 


ACACIA:
this is everything. 

actually really loving the neutral linoleum look
but really.  
SIMILAR THIS SEASON: 

Who Wore It Better? 

SIMILAR THIS SEASON (from Stone Fox):

so I'm starting to see that Earthy tones are going to be "a thing" for Resort.  

romperordressromperordressROMPERORDRESS

SIMILAR THIS SEASON: 


Tori Praver:
loving the pinks

OH- KILL-ING IT, SANGIE BARMON
and the flirty & ruffled distsy floral tops

& more Earth tones

but this wine color...

Oh Tori, you are #Goals

Indah: 
Oh hey Black Swan
brought to you by my favorite

Ok, so when does Motley Crue jump out?
me-ow.  
SIMILAR THIS SEASON:
from Nookie 

NEONS
& you thought your tan line was awk

#NotSoReachableGoals: Joy Corrigan



SO SOME TRENDS I'M NOTICING
1). Pops of Neon (Robb & Lulu)
2).  Having Things in Your Nose is Cool.  Especially the Septum Area (6 Shore Road)
3). The New Alternative to a Runway Show Involves Having Your Models Dance on Top of Blocks.  Props to those who can do it without awkwardness. (Lolli x Amuse Society, Wildfox)
4).  Earth Tones for Resort are Way More Groundbreaking Than Florals for Spring



Street Style: 
Champagne Mai Crop  // Chanel Jumbo flap bag 

She ain't no holdback gurlll

waking up Sunday but you don't remember ever leaving...

BAE Shay + Jenna in For Love & Lemons

Summer Palms (& Pineapples & Flamingos) = Spring Florals
what's next? Badger Print?

Similar Striped Romper from Faithful the Brand 
findersKEEPERS- ON SALE


Just Having a Ball 
SIMILAR OR EXACT:

Photos from:
The Charlotte Observer (Frazer Harrison, John Parra, )
the Miami New Times (George Martinez)
Observer (BFA)
E Online (John Parra, Alexander Tamargo, Frazer Harrison)



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WCW: Taylor Swift

Alexander Wang x H&M

September Must Haves