Sunday Funday at The Rustic


So I know the Rustic is not a new thing, but with work, school, and life in general, I got my first chance to go this weekend (even though I used to live pretty much across the street from it).  I had originally written it off when it first opened a year ago as a Katy Trail Ice House knockoff.  Instead, I was pleasantly surprised to enjoy a whole new experience.   


The Food.  
Our server was super friendly, and even excused my basicness when I pulled up a picture on my phone of this mythical drink-popsicle thing and asked what it was.  Behold, 10 minutes later we had the summer special Sangria Margarita and Strawberry Daiquiri chilling in front of us. 
(One was definitely enough for a relaxed night)   
We came to be adventurous, so we ordered the calf fries without asking what they were
 despite the laughs from our server. 
I think that might be my first and last time ordering bull balls, 
but I will definitely come back for the deviled eggs, braised Texas quail, and avocado salad.   


The Music 
I was aware that The Rustic often featured live music, but I was not expecting to still be sitting there listening long after we had finished our food and drinks.  We stayed for the Texas Gentlemen's entire bluesy-rock set that made me forget that I was not back home in Nashville.  

The perfect place to chase that southern summer. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

WCW: Taylor Swift

Alexander Wang x H&M

September Must Haves